Water, what's your setup.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, May 17, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering how you guys carry your drinking water.

I big jug for the crew?

Everyone bring thier own?

How do you keep it cold?

Looking for a good system.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

5 gal water jug on the trailer. I stop in the mornings and put a bag of ice in.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

big jug as well..but a lot of times the guys will bring their owns drinks as well. They ususally don't start getting into the jug until after lunch
  4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

5 gal cooler with water and ice, or some kind of powder mixed in (lemonade, iced tea, gatorade, etc.) If they want to grab a cold soda or something else at lunch time for a little variety during the course of the day, so be it.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I work solo. I usually bring a gallon of H2O with me in the morning. If it's real hot I my have to stop and buy another gallon or get it from a customers spigot.
  6. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

1 man show here. I freeze gatorade bottles half full and fill with water in the morning. Put them in a small cooler
  7. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

I used to work in an aluminum remelt and die casting production plant. One of my jobs was to go in behind the remelt furnaces and clean up all the excess molten aluminum material. Some of these furnaces were as wide as a ton truck and half again as long. You could only stay in behind them for about five to six minutes at the most until you had to come out. It was the only job duty at the place where they wouldnt fire you for refusing to work it. IT WAS SO HOT you couldnt wear any type of metal next to your skin while doing it.

They supplied a product called sqwincher for their employees.

Ive worked a lot of hot places and drank a lot of various liquids supposed to keep you cool but that stuff was great. And believe me you were gratefull to get it.
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

We always bring a couple squeeze bottles and a cooler with water and ice.

The aftermath is always our problem.
    The are in the process of developing a hydrostatically powered version of this with smoked glass.:D

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

2 quart jug with gatorade powder mixed into it. It is the law here that you must provide water to employees or atleast ensure the employees have it.
  10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama