1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Waterfall design

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Oct 22, 2007.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm rebuilding this mess using granite "Glacier" boulders. The customer wants the waterfall to be as wide as the pond basin:dizzy: . How would you folks build this?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i know i wouldn't build it there. have you ever seen a waterfall just rise out of now were? move it back 20' to that hill side and make a bigger pond in front of it .
  3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I tried to get it back into the hill and redo the whole pond. Unfortunately that's not happening. They are selling the house and just want to do a rebuild to make it more appealing. The waterfall doesn't need to be that wide but that's what he wants.:rolleyes: I'm just aggrevated that this is built by another retailer/contractor that does a good number of ponds and they are expensive for poor craftsmanship!
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a pond builder yet but I am studying. I would say that there is not enough water flow at the present time for the width of the bottom falls as it is. If they don't want to spend the money to change it to thier liking, then whats the use of messing with it. I would have made the bottom falls higher to give it more visual and sound appeal.
  5. horizonlandscape

horizonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from usa

You could remove the top portion of stone to see how wide your liner is but I have the feeling that you will need to either do some liner splicing or worst case end up tearing it all out and starting with a new liner. I would just start over if it was me.