Waterfall foam on hands!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by drsogr, Feb 16, 2006.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have tried everything...it won't come off. I know, I know I should have used gloves. I have tried...mineral spirits, paint thinner, and all of that. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Wear it off, it will take a few days.

3. drsogr

That what I have been doing...it just isn't helping me with doing estimates too well.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

You shall recieve no sypathy from me drsogr!Ya big dummie that can't remember to wear his gloves..that's whatca get!..lol!

5. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Try acetone (nail polish remover).

6. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

not positive it'll work for the waterfall foam but... I use crisco to get stuff like that off my hands. works AWESOME for tree sap and really sticky stuff. just make sure you have some dawn around when you use the crisco to get it off. rub the crisco in really well and for a few minutes also before using the dawn to get it off.

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Use Acetone.

I got some of that "Great Stuff" Insulating expandy foam on my hand the other day, didn't have any acetone handy, and I've been wearing it like a second skin for the past few days...Finally starting to flake off :)

Anyways, Acetone cuts that stuff right off, I'd use watered down mix though.

8. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

I agree Acetone is much more powerful with waterfall foam than mineral spirits!!!

9. drsogr

Well it did help out more than anything else has. It got about half off....I will try a little bit more once this buzz wears off!

10. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I first thought of suggesting toluene, but there really can be a buzz with that! Acetone buzz?? - you must be a lightweight.

Feel like ruining a pair of cheap cloth gloves?? Put 'em on, saturate 'em with acetone, wait a couple of minutes, peel 'em off - the gunk should be removeable by then. Remember, it's only nail polish remover, and is skin-safe as long as you aren't swimming in the stuff.