1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Waterfall from patio edge?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Feb 3, 2008.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

We're looking at building a raised patio approximately 2' off ground level. We would like to incorporate some kind of a waterfall off one side of the patio into either a small pond or a waterless pond (not yet decided). The fall has to look somewhat natural although this is not entirely realistic since it will be coming from the patio itself.

I'm looking for some ideas and help/tips for doing something like this within a raised patio. Any photos you guys have of the construction phase of something similar would be a huge help.

2. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

A natural waterfall is only natural when the grade is on a hill,mountain or cliff. If your landscape is flat, I suggest just making a small fall, or stream. Stacking boulders up like a volcano just to see a waterfall will look like a pile of rocks.
  3. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

yeah check out the pics in my thread under new patio we started.
  4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

OK, forget I metioned natural. The key here is that it comes from the side / top of the patio, falls over the side of the patio, into a waterless pond.