waterfall sealant ?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by duke99, May 20, 2007.

1. duke99

duke99 LawnSite Member

just had a curious question ..... on my waterfall ... its about 14 inches wide where the rubber matting .. ( dont know the techniqal word) meet the edge of the drop off point ... what sealant is used to put into the crack between the slate rock and rubber matting ???

2. duke99

duke99 LawnSite Member

WOW ... Everyone must have dropped dead .. eehhhhh ......... must be the gas price SHOCK !! ..

3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

You lost me. Explain this to me again. Are you trying to use this sealant to prevent a leak, or something? It sounds like you're saying that you're trying to create a seal between your weir-stone and your liner. Is that what you were talking about?

4. duke99

duke99 LawnSite Member

yah .... just so that my waterfall doesn't leak ..

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're trying to ensure that your waterfall doesn't leak, use properly overlapped and placed pond-liner to do that. That's a much better direction to go, than to rely upon sealant.

6. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Your waterfall doesn't leak right? You are just having some of the waterfall flow go under your slate rock so you don't get the full effect. You use black expanding waterfall foam made specifically for that purpose. Your local pond supply store should be able to supply it or you can find it online. It is awesome stuff.

Hope that helps.

7. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

I'd start by saying, your entire water feature (pool, upper containment area, water falls, etc.) should be enveloped with a rubber liner. If only part of your system has liner, the part that doesn't will leak. Assuming your not talking about that, but rather, that your water is finding it's way to the path of least resistance and not on top of your slate your using for water fall ledges, then the previous poster was, IMO, correct in reccomending waterfall foam. Also, you can use mortar (colored, if you want) to keep the water above your ledge rocks. Good luck!