Watering at night

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by scruff33, Apr 19, 2010.

1. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

what if it rains I night?

should we go out to dry the grass??

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, get a bunch of Sham Wows...they are made in Germany and you know the Germans make good stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

NOW, since we got that cleared up. Let me provide you with actual data on when NATURE waters and its result. Yes, that is right, Nature... not some study done by university, or soil testing/whatever mess you look at.

Tropical Rainforest Precipitation. Google it, learn for yourself. Learn about transpiration from the trees, shade, sunlight, etc. Lawn acts exactly like a mini-rainforest.

"A distinctive diurnal pattern of cumulus cloud development in the morning, precipitation in the early afternoon, followed by dissipating clouds towards the late afternoon is typical."

An example...

Hourly Rainfall Distribution for Kuala Lumpur
    [​IMG]

Now, if that doesn't convince you. Then go research about Greenhouse.

Still not convinced? Go live outside for 24hours. You will notice the highest amount of liquid consumed will be in early afternoon.

Forgive me, I am an idiot. "just pulling an AR out of thin air" :hammerhead:

P.S. The healthiest part of my lawn is where my dryer ventilation is. :D

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, and here I thought you just went outside with your sidearm and start shooting wildly into the sky, skipping around shouting yeehaw, and occasionally use the heat from the muzzle to dry the grass. :laugh:

5. cgaengineer

If shooting into the sky would punch rain holes in clouds I'd do it, otherwise my sidearm stays well on my side.

Since you are from Kalifornia I figure you hugged trees and held hands with men...maybe we are both wrong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

ROFL ... do you live in Malaysia? What does your chart have anything to do with irrigating in the United States or more importantly on any one single site? Get real dude.

Apparently you are an idiot, because even someone who knows almost nothing about irrigation would know what the abbreviation AR stands for. It was a test to see if you have even the most basic knowledge .... apparently you don't. I suggest you stick to cutting grass and leave everything else to those of us who are qualified.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

At least we don't engage in inbreeding out here. :laugh:

8. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

Adding 10 characters. :laugh:

9. cgaengineer

That's Alabama.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

There is no relation between a rain forest and a lawn .... other than they both contain plants.

I'm sorry .... does that translate into bad information forum? Either present the correct information, or don't bother to post.