Watering bans in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ground Master, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I thought I'd gotten tossed out of the Irrigation Forum for a minute until I realized what was going on. :)

3. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

In the Birmingham Alabama area a irrigation contractor was fined $500 just for blowing out the lines of a newly installed system, while just feet away a masonary contractor was working and didn't get fined even though he was leaving the water hose bib running.

Completely ridiculous

4. PurpHaze

In the city I work we have to put up with two sets of "water cops"... as both the city and water purveyor are going around. We've had site guys issued written warnings about watering during daylight hours while using QCV systems and other manual valve systems. I've gotten to the point that when I'm out and about of taking pictures of city owned properties where evidence of water waste occurs. It's kinda like... "physician heal thyself" syndrome. :)

5. JGR

JGR LawnSite Member

Would someone who was operating off of a well in Atlanta have to follow these resrictions? Sounds like a dumb question but I would like to know.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

wouldn't think so

7. I guess they could say you are depleting the water table.....

8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I think we need to open our borders and let even more people into this country so watering bans will be the norm. NOT! I do see how it could happen, though. Scary thought for people in our business. I'll get down from my soapbox now.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Irrigation is a dead end business. Prepare for the future.

10. PurpHaze

With global warming and the melting of the ice packs one might get their offspring into dike engineering. :)