1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Watering restrictions/bans

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Jul 10, 2012.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

No wonder you're so grumpy! My family in TX says the lakes are low and the farmers are being cut back, some are not even working the dirt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. irritation

Crops are toast here, too late for any help.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

WE had a very rainy spring so I doubt we will see anything besides the usual ood/even.

5. irritation

6. irritation

Ban went into effect today at noon. Almost all areas I service are banned from watering lawns.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So what does that mean for your biz?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. irritation

A huge slow down on service calls. Won't mean much to me, my main income is turn-ons and blow outs. It usually slows after spring turn-ons anyways but this year has been crazy. I guess the grass cutters are really feeling it.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Don't take this wrong, will you winterize those systems early and then just focus on the opperational systems at the regular time?
    I got screwed over on my water today after taking the day off to get things started off right. Now i won't get h2o until mid to late evening. Friday the 13th dude
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

CO is ok on water right now, due to the snow from 2010/2011. But if the winter is anything like this past one, we will be in major restrictions again in 2013. Nothing like planting blue grass in a non-native climate, at 6500', in a semi-arid area with 12"-16" total precip on the average. :dizzy: