1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Watering restrictions/bans

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Jul 10, 2012.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

No, I hope we can water again before winterizations. Makes no sense to me to haul a compressor this time of year.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Watering bans / restrictions are normal in the S and SW States. The proper use of potable water in landscapes are a normal topic for many of us. Hence the reason Kiril gets so uptight about Landscape Management.

It is something we all need to consider even in good conditions.

If Indy wants some info tell them to call Ca, AZ, TX and even Ga when it got so bad they almost had to truck in drinking water for Atlanta a few years ago. When Ga got some rain they got sued by FL to release some of it.

Water management is no joke and should be SOP. Check out the Irrigation Association.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Get your Witching sticks out and go find ya some on Friday the 13th.
    :dancing:

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It gets bad here...in 2007 it was total bans, no water permits for even new landscaping...this just happened to be the summer I installed 7000 sq ft of sod...I was trucking in water 1000 gallons per night to keep my new sod alive. I did this until September when we finally got some rain and cooler temps. Just about every year now it's odd/even and before 10am.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. irritation

What gets me is they didn't even restrict watering. They waited until it was too late and banned it. Almost all my lake pumps are out of the water. I think we've had .09" of rain since June 1st and not much in late May. Worst drought in a 104 years.

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Water everywhere...

7. irritation

Yea, Florida is good.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't talking about right now, maybe a little earlier than usual and lighten the workload.
    Ditto on restriction/ban but you're no spring chicken and are well aware that the right choices are seldom made in public service
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. irritation

What tipped you off? :hammerhead:

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Just lucky i guess
    Posted via Mobile Device