Watering Restrictions, Falcon Colorado?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jluksic, Jun 22, 2007.

1. jluksic

jluksic LawnSite Member

I drive from Monument, through Falcon, to Schreiver AFB work. I read a sign this morning in Meridian Ranch (Falcon planned community) "NO Watering Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday".

I didn't know Colorado Springs was under water restrictions. Maybe this is a subdivision/HOA thing...
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

They have their own water district. I knew they had restrictions but wasn't sure what they were. I should call and confirm. thanks for the heads up.
  3. What would happen if you are repairing a system on a day that was a no watering day and the water police stopped?
  4. Mad Estonian

Mad Estonian LawnSite Senior Member

We have the same thing here, with assigned watering days, and that sort of thing isn't a problem. The water police usually only get called in by neighbours getting sick of seeing somebody constantly flouting the regulations (and stupid, complaining nags, but I think they figure out pretty quick who has a legit complaint). So repairs on an "off" day are no prob.
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When we first got the restrictions in 2002, I was stopped by a city utility worker while I was working on a project (which happened to be a city housing project) and was told to stop watering due to it not being the right day. I called BS on it and told him he was wrong. If we were to not work on the system during the days that weren't correct, then for that matter we probably shouldn't be working on the system during the day time as that was forbidden as well. And I wasn't about to work during the middle of the night.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I thought most restrictions came with some 'just testing' provision to allow maintenance.
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

At that time there was no specifics included for testing/maintenance. A year or so later they revised it. Restrictions were taken off a couple years ago or so for CS Utilities' customers. But there are more districts now that do have them in place. I'm actually all for it now, but was fighting it when they first came out.

The districts that do have them in place now are all pulling from aquifers, not reservoirs.