watering source

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kandklandscape, Mar 25, 2007.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

we have about 10 watering contracts to water plants this year, i would say we will need a 50-100 gal water tank, what do you guys use to water plants, shurbs etc? is there a certain brand i could buy or does anyone have some kind of drawing i could purchase from them to build my own?

2. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

My gardeners use the 50 gal sprayers made by Lesco and it seems to work fine for them. They also have a 100 gal tank that we hooked a DC water pump up to that plugs into the cigarette lighter for the truck and they run a garden hose right off of it. I think we bought the pump at agway and wired it ourselves.

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

The cheapest thing to do is get the bulk tank somewhere like a TSC, and then a pump to run off it, either gas or electric. The gas will push more volume, so you could maybe run multiple hoses. I think Homelite makes one that is 2-cycle, it's light and inexpensive. My opinion is 50-100 gal. is too small for watering. You're going to have to refill too much, but I guess you know your jobs best. Boats says it works for him, too, but I use to use either 800 or 1,000 gal. trucks (tree and shrub spray trucks) when I would water street trees. I would run 2 fert. lances at a time and just rotate them 2 trees at a time. Get some headphones and some good reading material, too, LOL