1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Waterproof Inground Wire Connections

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by klkanders, Jul 25, 2006.

1. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Besides spider splices and hub method what is everyone using for a waterproof wire connection? Thanks!
  2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

solder dip then grease tubes. Orange ones and black ones depending on size and number of wires.

solder... pop the tubes open... insert wires til they bottom out then snap it shut. Very simple.

I do really preffer the spider splices altho I wish they were a bit larger.
  3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

If you want a truly water tight connection, try the 3M resin packs. I have never had a problem with them and I have even kept connections in the water at my place for years.
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

i will try thoes for water aplications. I have done 1 underwater light and the lead was plenty long enough to make the connection 10 ft from the fountain.

Do you use the resin packs for all your connections? Solder then resin pack ?

If you could show a picture That would be great. The grease tubes get hard to put back in spider splices. I know the wirenuts are good that come with them but I still like more protection