WaterSense Partnership

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BPC, Jul 10, 2007.

1. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

2. Great BPC. I'm going to take a hard look at that for some thoughts later. Preciate the post.

3. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

No problem. I hope this is something that other contractors get involved with.

4. It looks very interesting. In TX there are 5 people who have completed the training. FL I believe had 4. CO seem to have the most. Any CO irrigators want to explain that? Training is through the IA. If the Federal and State govts will give it some real teeth which they might over time I can see this being a boost to the industry as a whole. I'm going to put this on my winter study list. I'm trying to get my assistant where I wish I was at this point in my career and this may be perfect for him. Unfortunately he HATES to study.

5. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

You looked at the excel file list of contractors. Check the PDF there is a larger listing on there. I think at last count there were 11 here in Florida.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If it cost $$ then it's B.S. Anything related to conservation that is gov't sponsored should be subsidized by the gov't. Problem I have with these cert. programs is I already spent time and money in school learning this stuff. Now I need to take more courses, covering the same subjects, spend more money, just to get "certified".

7. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

It doesn't cost to be an EPA WaterSense partner but it does cost to be IA certified.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That is good to know. One thing the Gov't has done right then. Every time I look at that IA certification program it gets my knickers in a bunch.