waxing new mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by williams lcm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I guess those who have time to post over 4000 times on here in the last 3 years must not be as busy as they can either.:laugh:

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

You just put another thing on the to do list for this post. This month I have (pay) a employee to come in and go over every nut and bolt on the mower. Basically everything ready for spring clean ups in april. Now I'll have him wax all the mowers "since I don't have enough work". I also just bought a hot/steam pressure washer so stuff gets cleaner faster.

Just because you personally work 5 to 6 days a week and can't find time to wax a mower doesn't mean that a guy who does isn't busy 24/7. Just means he found a way to get it done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

I think yard guy is pulling your leg. If he has time to make 4400 posts on this site he has ten min. to wax a mower.

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

well considering this is my off season I do have all the time in the world. but I'm not gonna stand outside when it's only 30 degrees and wash and wax my equipment.

but everyone is intitled to there own opinion.

5. djagusch

from MN

Own a garage?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. yardguy28

nope......

7. djagusch

from MN

That would suck. Mines set for a toasty 45 degrees all winter long. Bump it up when I'm out there though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. yardguy28

not really, don't need one.

9. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

Yes I wax new mowers etc. The aerators and slice seeder got it too. When I'm blowing grass off the driveway I also get the equipment I just used. It takes about 10 seconds. When I show up at the next account I want my stuff to look like I take care of it. Its a reflection on me also. Customers notice it too. I get complemented on how clean my equipment looks, then I tell them the walkbehind is 9 years old and they cant believe it.
    If I'm going to pay thousands of MY hard earned dollars I'm going to take care of it.

10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

All I will say is I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville look like new it has been wax and polish a lot. I have a 1998 Dodge Ram did not wax it that much and the paint is peeling off. :cry: