waxing new mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by williams lcm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is the best advise.....if you got time for all that stuff then you need to get more work. Such a waste.....an nothing learned.

2. jackal

jackal LawnSite Senior Member

Waxing a new mower will protect the paint from fading.

You never have a second chance to make a first impression.

The way you and your equipment look is going make that impression.

3. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You are 100% right .I am all new this year I even replace good running stuff .

4. norsky

norsky LawnSite Member
    from MN

Having clean and well maintained equipment is a plus.......it shows clients you care about your profession....it shows your employees that you want your equipment taken care of and also give them pride in their job. when the equipment is being cleaned it can also be looked at for damaged or worn out parts. if you trade on a regular schedule it helps in the trade in value of your equipment. this is my experience with equipment...

5. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

There are hundreds of views people can take on you having nice clean equipment.

They could think he doesn't have a lot of work, why not?
    They could think wow he takes pride in his equipment and will also on my lawn
    They could think he has time to clean his mower he will take his time on my lawn

I could go on and on. At the end of the day I would rather have clean truck, trailer, and equipment to use and work on.

I don't think trying to look extremely busy is a good way to go about getting new business, but that's just my opinion.

I just waxed my mower Saturday. Why?? Spent a lot of money on it an want it to look as nice as it can for as long as it can.

6. ReRide

ReRide LawnSite Member

When my machine was new, I waxed it the first of each season. Then blew off with air, and probably should have washed it more.

7. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I even waxed under the deck when I first got my mower and started out. Now I spend so much time cutting It may be shiny 2-3 times a season. But hit it with the blower late Friday. Oh how I remember the good ole days of taking that time to shine up my baby. Now I just put more money in the bank to buy a new one. When it dies from lack of care I'll be singin "oh my , what went wrong, it'll take a 10k to replace her....