Way around pesticide & herbicide charter?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by joshlawn, Nov 6, 2002.

1. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

I only need to spray Round-up on a few yards, and I have to have a pesticide and herbicide license for that! Is there an organic alternative to Round-up that won't require a license?

Thanx for any help,
    JoshLawn

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, your hands.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I was going to say GASOLINE but I didn't wan to be a smart alec. I think you need the license Josh.

4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Im sure every state is different, but Ive heard that if you use the home owners sprayer and supplies, you can spray what ever you need to.

5. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

:D
    I haven't heard that you haft to have a license to do what your chatting about, but i juess every state is different.
    I've had my chemical license for 5 years now & got to renew mine next week. I thing it would be a good thing for you to get yours. it can help generate more business, help your customers more with there lawn ect... the test isn't hard, just pay attention to what your local states manuals & calibrations are & with some common sence, You'll do fine.

:cool:

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Yes its called vinegar.

7. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I dont know how hard some of your tests are?
    I had to take "laws and regs" and a "landscape maintenance" test, I think it was about 250 questions total, and took me 4 1/2 hours. It was really hard. and I have to go try again, I was very close to passing.:(

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Regulations will vary .... state to state ..... but in FL one can apply for a "blue card' which here ... mean going to the county extension office for a yearly 8 hr coarse .... which gives one the "ticket" to fill-out a short ... state exam for Round Up ....Nothing else .... each person whom spray' s must have the card ....n each employee cost a "yearly fee" was $75 but I think it's going up to $150 yearly for us here

We also have "Greens Seminar's" which offer a "crash" coarse to gain the same card

Check with your local county extension office .... or some similar county- state regulator in your area for more information

It's a good thing .... just wish it was more enforced

9. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

I took the test about 4 years ago, and the whole learning & testing procedure lasted at least 4 hours. The test was pretty hard, and of course I failed it. Not a good way to spend $75.lol. I thought about trying again, but I never spray any yards here in TN anyways. The customers just don't seem interested in it. At least up until this latest bidding project I am working on, which required it.

Thanx for the help,
    Joshlawn

10. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

SCRUB..:::
    U ARE A WASTE OF OXEGEN!!!!