1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Way high PSI woes

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BPS##, Sep 1, 2012.

1. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

It is frustrating but so far they are not complaining about all the heads we've changed.
    Our results speak for themselves. The last few years they've had less than stellar performers that only did the basics. Mow and blow, trim the bushes once a year and unless there was a broken sprinkler line......... they didn't fix or adjust any thing. So now we're playing catch up.

I had a licensed plumber do the pressure regulator. I'm not sure the brand he used but the PSI was dropped to 70/75 at the back flow. If your customer is like mine they'll never go thru the expense of another water source and changing the main lines.

Other than going thru and adjusting a lot of the heads for spray pattern and the non working heads we are happy with the results of the pressure regulator.
    Prior to the pressure regulator it was hard to tell what heads needed spray pattern adjusting because it was just all mist coming out of the nozzles.
  2. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

We are adding the water source to avoid replacing the mainline. This may not be an option on your project, but for the site we are dealing with will have 3 - 2" meters in 3 corners of the property. We plan to then isolate so the mainline operates within the limits of the pipe along with working to keep the psi down.