1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Way to hold spreader in Place

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daren, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

Well i bought a nice new Lesco Spreader today. Really happy with it. Now I need a good way to secure it in my truck or if I have to my trailer. Trouble is my trailer is just about full, not much room left. Would also like to have it locked so no one steals it while im not looking. I use trimmer traps for my weedeaters, edgers and blowers and my walk-behind mower. NAyone have any good ideas or where i can buy such a gadget?

2. equipguy

equipguy Guest

You should have asked the guys from LESCO they carry a pretty neat spreader holder for the LESCO spreader. It's made to go into the receiver of your hitch, but you sound like you have your trailer attached to your truck often. You could make a female receiver to accept the spreader mount and attach it to your trailer. Good luck
  3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jim's in Kentucky makes something that may work for you.

I got one but I haven't put it in yet. You can use a cable to lock it.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

green touch industries has a special mount for the lesco spreader. you have to call them for a brochure. if you want the number, let me know.
  5. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

Yeah please give me the number. how does it work?