1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ways customers are saving money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassBustersLawn, Apr 12, 2008.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was in a local hardware store today, buying some miscellaneous small parts when I overheard a women talking to the store owner. She was interested in an 18" REEL PUSH MOWER for $150. She was going to buy it because "she had been using a lawn service and this way buying the PUSH REEL MOWER was going to pay for itself!"

I was literally laughing out loud at her statement. She kind of looked at me in a puzzled way. When I was a kid, 7 or 8 years old, we had one of those reel mowers. THEY SUCK. NOt only are they a ***** to push, but you have to go over everything twice to get a decent looking yard. Plus you have to take them somewhere to get the reels sharpened. I'll bet she uses that thing once and calls her LCO back to sign up again for lawn service!

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

All jokin aside if the baldes are kept sharp they cut pretty nice. But i have to agree they stink pushing around ! She will be calling her LCO Back when the temps get over 90 :laugh:
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

If the blades are dull or if you're trying to cut tall grass it will look bad.
    It's all my 19hp Kawasaki can do sometimes to get through some of the stuff I cut. Tony
  4. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

Yeah, if her family/neigbors don't call an ambulance first...
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Battery powered mowers are poping up all over our area....little greenies love the idea. We might have to offerthat service in the future.
  6. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Well there you GO! :usflag:
    What innovation! That's the American way!

Invest in a fleet of LawnBots (or whatever they're called). Just drive around in the early AM and turn them loose. Mosey on by and trim later on. Swing by later and scoop up the bots as they finish.

Save on employees, truck rig, fuel costs, insurance...

For the slow pays, use goats instead! :laugh:
    The greenies will really love you!