ways to beat the heat

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Turfrific, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Turfrific

Turfrific LawnSite Member

since i'm new at this what are some good tips you guys use to stay cooler on thoughs real hot days.

2. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

a truck with a good air conditioner. i recomend gmc trucks thier ac's work good

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

you'll get use to it.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Hire guys to do the work for you.

5. SNAPPER MAN

Ironically Beat the Heat is the name of my company. It suits the climate here in texas very well.

6. Turfrific

lol all in good time i hope, for right now i'm going to be small but not low ball.thanks for responces

7. SNAPPER MAN

Just get a good hat to protect you from the sun. Wear long sleeve cotton or under armour, you may think im crazy but it helps. Also DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Turfrific

ok good to know thanks again.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Long sleeve Under Armour shirt (light tan ), Long lightweight camo pants, floppy boonie hat ( with UV protectant ) and very expensive 100% UVA and UVB sun/safety glasses. A light application of Aveeno sunblock several times a day to face. Lightweight Mechanix gloves. Drink lots of water and Gatorade to replace electrolytes. Eat light and often. Several years in an extreme desert warfare environment as a medic taught me alot about taking care of yourself and adaptability. It takes time but you will adapt, starting now instead of the middle of summer will help too. This planet is not getting any cooler or more hospitable and skin cancer is no joke. I shake my head at the guys in shorts and a tank top, great tan but at what cost down the road. Take care and hang in there.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

10. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

When it gets to upper 90's/100 go for Gatorade. Last year I began cramping with just water, and was drinking plenty. Gatorade made all the difference in the world.

Get the powder and mix your own ... waaaay cheaper.