ways to dispose of grass clippings?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wyllner's L & Landscaping, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Wyllner's L & Landscaping

Wyllner's L & Landscaping LawnSite Member

What are some of the best ways to get ride of all the grass clipping you collect?

2. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

have someone in the back of the truck shoveling as you go down the freeway;):clapping::nono::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Here's how I do it! Mind you this picture was from last August sometime, Temps were in the upper 90s and it was dry here for about 3 months... This was about 2/3 of a days haul.

Spring/fall, or any wet time of the year, the poor truck looks like this by noon sometimes! The truck dumps, of course, and I have several sites to choose from, out landfill has a seperate compost site and takes it for free, plus the couple other locations to run too.

Attached Files:

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

We have a contractor dump yard where we dump grass clippings, hedge clippings and leaves.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, free! We are pretty lucky around here I guess... And that "free" is why everyone bags around here. Most all homeowners are used to having their lawns bagged, and basically if you don't bag, you aren't going to be mowing any nice lawns.

6. Wyllner's L & Landscaping

Wyllner's L & Landscaping LawnSite Member

thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look around my area for places to take grass.
    Thanks again

7. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

My father in law has 20 acres so I dump all my grass, leafs, debris down there and burn it twice a year.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If I bag I do not remove from site...I will find a place onsite to dump.

9. willider

willider LawnSite Member

We have a local car wash that has a large sign that says: NO LAWN CARE EQUIPMENT ALLOWED!!!" I dump mine in the wash bay drains late at night......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

The small town i live in also has a free brush site/dump. Lucky me:clapping::clapping: