Wayyyyy OT (briefcases)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jdmtnbikr, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

How much did you spend on your briefcases? For those who have them I mean. I am just starting in business and the one I want (Swiss Army) is $200. Not sure I have deserved that yet though :)

For those who have them, how much did you spend on it? And, how useful are they? Do you take them to meet with clients? Use them alot? Etc etc.
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

60 bucks at Staples. How useful? Very for me. Keep all my paperwork organized, too big to be as forgotten as a small organizer. Also have one of those. Just went and looked its a US Luggage. Could use to be just a tad bigger.
  3. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

Yea I dont think I can justify spending 200, maybe 220 after tax on one yet. I will probably go to Staples or Office Depot and find one there that I like. I definately need something. I dont want to walk into an account with a spiral notebook and a pen :)

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Depends what you are doing. For landscape sales/estimating you need a briefcase. For maintenance bids and general field work I have found a clipboard with a compartment underneath is sufficient. I like the aluminum ones they have 2 compartments inside 20.00 at Sam's
  5. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Coach briefcase. It was a college graduation gift years ago.
    still looks pretty good considering all the abuse it takes. I think they run
    around 5.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i have an aluminum one.. holds up better than the leather..

i think it was about $60-70...
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use a soft sided planner, it has several pockets for storage along with a 8x11 daily planner with a large full size 8x11 pad in the back
  8. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have one made by Winn...yard sale..$5.....great for organizing on the road...and I think it gives you a more professional look....like the aluminum clip board in the field also
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I've found five briefcases, all in good condition with good internal layouts, sitting at the curb in the trash pile. They were awaiting pickup by the big hungry truck, but I got there first and put them in my pickup. No, all five were not at the same place, but over time, I've gathered up five of them. So my answer to your question: $0.00.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try galls........