WB blower buggy for ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gilla Gorilla, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Gilla Gorilla

    Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 923

    Has anyone out there made their own blower buggy like the Jrco blower buggy for a ztr especially a Lazer Z. If so could you post some pictures and materials list. I have a 8hp Billygoat and that damn thing about did me in on my last prop today. It is all down a slight hill but when you have to push it up the hill a million times for leaf removal on a 1 acre plus prop it damn sure ware's your butt and legs out. This guy wants me at his house every Friday to blow off the lawn, patio, porch two driveways and the culdesac and dead end street beside his house, so I need a more efficient way then pushing the Billygoat around all of the time.

    Thanks in advance for any info.
     
  2. rob1325

    rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 685

  3. Gilla Gorilla

    Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 923

    Actually i'm looking for a blueprint I guess you could call it for a buggy or carrier system to put my Billygoat blower that I already have onto.

    I know that I will be pretty sore come Saturday and Sunday from all of the pushing and walking up hills that I did this afternoon.

    Thanks for trying though
     
  4. rob1325

    rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 685

    Look at the pictures from both the giant vac and JRCO and try to come up with something similar.
     
  5. Gilla Gorilla

    Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 923

    Yeah that is what I have been doing some tonight. The only problem is that I dont have a welder but can get someone to weld it if absolutely necessary.
    I know what I am going to use for the frame and pan that the blower sits on but just cant get a good look from the pictures of the mounting system of the body to the frame.

    I guess it will be a trial and error. I would love to have it up and running by Tuesday or Wednsday of this coming week.
     
  6. Itsgottobegreen

    Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,177

    I built a better mouse trap on the leaf blower cart. But I am not going to show it to you. Since the US patent office hasn't gotten back to me yet. Lots of trial and error. It would be easier to just buy the Jrco buggy than built yourself.
     
  7. Runner

    Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 13,494

    That is what I ended up doing. I build much of my own stuff, and kept saying I was going to design and build one. Well, I finally just ended up buying one. If I buikt one, rather than having it up on wheels (the blower is lifted approx. 3"), I would make it more loki a proslide sulky. I would have the pan so it is angled up like a sled on all 4 sides. This way, the blower is right down at ground level. As it is, being lifted the 2-3" isn't bad, but it is a bit different than being right down on the ground. The ease of use however, more than makes up for the slight lack of direct air power that is lost.
     
  8. Gilla Gorilla

    Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 923

    For you guys running your walk behind blowers on blower buggys have you ever reversed the mounting of the blower on the buggy? Well I did it today half way through a clean up where I was just blowing the leaves into the woods. It seemed to work really well especially since I needed to cut the lawn also today. It was really nice to have both discharge sides on one side only that way if my blower missed some leaves the blades would then pick them up, shread em a bit and blow them out to the right still. I say that it is diffinately worth a try if you have not already.
     
  9. LLandscaping

    LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,016

    We use a Wonder Hitch to hold our 13hp Little Wonder blower. Our dealer has a patent on it, I will try to get some pictures soon. It is shorter than the JRCO and it is easily removed with no tools from the ZTR.
     
  10. Bunton Guy

    Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,762

    I built one myself...took about 3 hours from start to finish. Attaches to my super surfer or Z. Made out of scrap metal with a cost around $75 (caster wheels were new from norther tool)
     

Share This Page