WB blowers vs big BP blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TML, Oct 17, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

You're 150bt is like a blow dryer compared to a $500 blower. If you've read through the posts and threads you would know this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. echo

Not even close. A walk behind blower will blow an 8500 away. I have 580's and a walk behind. No comparison. He's solo. He's not using 2 guys. And no way one guy with a bp is faster than a walk behind.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I've read through prior posts. Several posts stated they bought a br600 to upgrade from a 150bt and noticed a difference but nothing significant. This raised an eyebrow to me. I did not find anything from anybody who owned and used a 150bt then upgraded and commented on the differences.
    Some people will just say whatever top of the line piece of equipment they have is the be all and end all no discussion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's only true if he's in open areas where the big WB blower is king. In tight areas, or lawns with lots of landscaping, the BP rules no and's, if's, or butt's there. It's far easier to control debris and what you move with a BP than with any WB, especially so in those areas, and a lot faster to move around and swap directions as well.

On large and/or open lots or medium to large parking lots, the WB is king, no and's, if's, or but's, there either. However, as echo stated earlier, you better get a self propelled version or you will be one tired puppy at the end of the first day.

5. echo

If/when you use one then you'll understand. I was once a skeptic until I started using better/more powerful equipment. While a big Bp blower and wb are expensive, they'll pay for themselves in a few cleanups with the amount of time you'll save and the money you'll make by being able to do way more jobs. I hate spending money on equipment but with such a short season time is certainly money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. echo

Sorry, should have specified open, medium to large lots.

I used a buddies push wb and after a couple hours knew I'd never own one. Self-propelled or mounted on a mower is the only way to go, IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

You used a what? LOL

8. echo

Lol. Hit submit too soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

So, are you gonna keep us in suspense? What'd ya use?:laugh:

10. echo

Upon your recommendation I did order a 570 to put to use this fall.
    Posted via Mobile Device