1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WB brakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 23, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

From another thread, ive found that i need to get new brakes for my mower as they are saturated with fluid film. Now that that has been determined, What part of the brake needs to be replaced? How much should it cost me? And how involved is the process of changing them out?

Thanks, i want to do this asap to get it done! Thanks guys

Mike

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

You're mowing already? I would say that all you need to replace are the bands, and drums, but someone else on here might have a better answer for you.

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

no we're no ware neer he just sprayed the brakes with fluid film i would have done the same by now but seemed to have lost my fluid film:hammerhead:

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

brake assembly - right part # 302117 $27.25

brake assembly - left part # 302119 $27.25

6. mcwlandscaping

Thank you very much james!!

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Being that your tag line says it is a 2005 it's probably still under warranty? If so I believe I'd use OEM brakes so that you don't have any problems with any possible future warranty claims.

8. mcwlandscaping

Thats a good point MMLawn, im just going to go to my dealer tomarrow and get the parts i need for it or put them on order. Thanks again guys

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You can buy a cleaner that would would surely work well enough to dry them out. I have got oil out of truck bands.

10. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

if all you did was get oil on them you don't need to replace them just get some parst cleaner then brake cleaner and clean them off if you know anyone with a hot water pressure washer those work good to