1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WB Pick ......Bob-Cat vs Wright ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PhillyShells, Apr 7, 2007.

1. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

Ok - If you're only WB choice was between Bob-Cat or Wright.....which one ?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd keep looking
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Bob-Cat. We loved ours and used the crap out of them then sold them. Never failed us and always cut great.
  4. PhillyShells

Keep looking means driving 8-10 miles out of the way. The dealer with wright & bobcat is only a half mile.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

hell there are guys here that drive 50 miles or more to use the dealer they want
  6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat hands down!:usflag:
  7. bobcat all the way
  8. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i vote for the wright. tough as nails, priced right, electric pto, hour meter, parking brake, no tool oil change, the velke wheel stores out of the way in about two seconds, (no hanging it off a chain), the velke wheel releases in about two seconds, bigger drive tires, compact, no weights needed to hold down the front, beautiful cut. the quad lever is not as nice as exmarks ecs though. overall a very good mower.......
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcats rock. Great striping, very well built and their only going to get better. I would take a bobcat over any brand any day.

10. PhillyShells

I'm leaning towards bobcat 36" hydro - dealer gave me a price of $4300.
    He also had gear drive for $2300. (New leftovers ) Im thinking of spending the extra $$ for hydro - or is the gear drive ok to handle ? And do you think these prices are about average or high ?