wb pulling to right and very hard to make left turn

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by greenman, Mar 23, 2003.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

My metro 36 w/ECS pulls to the right and will not hardly make a left turn unless I really help push it. Is this a worn belt or stretched belt? I can take it to my dealer, but thought I would check here first, because I am assuming its just a belt, that I can adjust or replace. The left drive belt seems a little looser than the right, so maybe its slipping. I have checked tire pressure, but this is too much of problem just for correct tire pressure. The belts are free of debris and clean. Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

greenman,

Here is what it sounds like to me. The unit is pulling to the right, which tells me left hand is turning hard than the right.

The right belt is not turning. Make sure right hand output shaft and pulley is turning from the transmission. If that is OK, the right side is probably hanging up. Take the spring off of the idler and move the parts to see what it is.

Look for stuck or binding idler arm, balljoint (by the drive lever), and or drive lever pivot. I have also seen drive lever rods become bent and cause the same issues.

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks, Fred.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

The bolt on the ball point (right side) was loose and fell out, luckily I found the bolt in my trailer. I was also scalping very thick zoysia down from 3 1/2 " to 2 1/2, with a bagger attachment. I think that also was part of the problem. This property is on an incline. Maybe the problem is corrected now.
    BTW, I have always ran it with the mulch kit, which does very well, but I always had to cut in 2nd gear. That is to be expected when mulching. Now, I have the mulch kit off, and installed the bagger, and, I am amazed how I can mow in 4th and 5th gear with no problems. Thanks for the reply.

Todd