WB Reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Artman, Jun 30, 2000.

1. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

Check out Lawn and Landscape magazine june, 2000 issue. They review a number of mid-size walk-behinds. Must say, the Hustler came out looking pretty good . . .

2. MikeC

MikeC LawnSite Member

Checked out web page and found no article on walk behinds. What was the title?

3. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I saw it, just like their other reviews, not a bad thing to say about any of them, didn't find it helpful at all. why say just the pros without any cons at all? They did the same thing on their stumpgrinder review in Arbor Age , worthless mag. IMO, sorry for the negativity

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Todd, your not wrong in any way and you shouldn't feel sorry at all! SOME, (not all) of those trade magazines are a big advertisement. I have never seen anything written bad about equpment either. But, thats why this site is a great place. Nobody is getting paid to promote anyhting, and people aren't scared to tell he truth about a great or terrible product they've used.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Artman wrote:<p>{They review a number of mid-size walk-behinds. Must say, the Hustler came out looking pretty good . . .}<p>Every machine looks pretty good when you ask the manufactures to review thier own machines. For example Gravely brags about how strong thier mower deck frame is but when I went to the dealer to get a replacement for the one that bent on me they told me that they needed to manufacture more because they were out of them. I asked them if the frame bending was a problem that they saw a lot and the dealer said &quot;No&quot;. Then I asked why they couldn't get me one right away and they had no answer. It seems to me they couldn't get one because Gravely sold or used every one they had to replace bent ones. What we need is a Consumers Reports of professional lawn equiptment. <br>

6. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Just looked at the mag on the crapper again i was looking at Landscape + irrigation, thats the one i was talking about, haven't seen the lawn + landscape one yet. Lawn + landscape is pretty decent compared to the other one, just a format to sell advertising.