WB striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Well Eric, i did it today. I spent the morning manufacturing a set of chains for my 52" exmark wb. My little frankenstein. lol.

I tested it in a nearby field. I am afraid to say that it did not make the extreme differnce that i thought it might. There may be a few reasons for this as far as i can tell. First i am not using a dixie. LOL> No really, i am guessing a few things. it was not a really sunny day. It was over cast and perhaps that light diffence on the stems makes a differnce. Second, it was a field that i mow bi monthly. It is not real smooth but not like cow pastures either.

I was going to take it to one of my nicer lawns after the field test, but my hydro can kind of decided to self destruct. There is much question in my mind how that happened.

Well, anyways, i set up a total of 49 chains at a 1" interval. They hang by a total of nine links each from the bar. The bottom three are the ones that actually Drag on the ground. It all looked good, but.......

Well, maybe i missing something. Ill have pics up as soon as my web page gets done. Another week or so i think.

Acute Cut

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

First of all, mine drags around 6 links, but you might be limited to the length so it doesn't get under the deck. It won't do miricles for your lawn stripes, but it does help a bit. I also find that in the spring when the grass is growing lightly or like crazy, lawns won't stripe up as nice as they will once the grass has slowed down to a normal 3 or 4" of growth a week. Hang in there and keep trying it. :)
    Have a good season.