WB stuck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Mar 11, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone got their walk behind mower (32"-60") stuck in someone's yard due to soggy conditions or rainy weather? I got my Z stuck last year, actually I should say buried, and dont plan on getting it stuck this year, and hopefully dont have a repeat experience on the wb. Are they any easier to get unstuck? I realize they weigh less then a Z, but by god they are still heavy.
  2. read about a guy once who got stuck one down some stairs.
  3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

They both pull out rather easily with a long rope and a 4wheel drive truck.
  4. It happened to me once on my 32" exmark WB. I think alot of it has to do with the slope of a yard and how the water moves underground.
  5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a 12V winch that i can put on one of my lazers if need be.:usflag:
  6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I got my bob-cat ztr stuck last year. I was mowing and went near an area where they had a tree removed a week ago, I thought I was far enough away but both back tires went in about 8in. Eventually got it pulled out with the truck.
  7. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I go my 32" encore WB stuck in about 8 inches of mud, It wasnt to bad to get it unstuck, but it took about 2 hours to clean the belts and whatnot enough so that the mower would drive straight. I also go my surfer stuck in someone's yard and actually had to pull my 4runner into the guys back yard and pull it out with a tow rope.
  8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a wb stuck a couple of times a year, usually mowing too close to the waters edge. I just get the Z hook up a chain and pull it out.

One time a couple of years ago, the ground completely gave way and the left side of the mower was in the drink. I did not think the Z was gonna pull it out, but it did with no problems....
  9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Stander struck last fall on a newer house, the neighbors were over watering the piss out of their lawn and it was all running into this property. It sucked!