1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wb that is a spittin image of exmark.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Sep 27, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well, there is a fellow a few blocks down from me who has been in the business about 30 years, on saturday i was talking to him and he was telling me a bunch of tips.

anyway, long story short, he said that there is a co who makes machines, and their wb is about 2k cheaper than exmark, and that the person who designed these machines used to work for exmark, and that they are the same machine but with a different name and 2k cheaper.

my question is, i forgot what he said they're called. does anyone know what im talking about?
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

you can use the same components but unless your mower has the eXmark Deck & Controls...It Ain't an eXmark !
  3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

its the same deck, idk about controls. but he said its the EXACT SAME as an eXmark but with different colors and decals.
  4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I belive it is Encore http://www.encoreequipment.com/pages/pages03/about.html
    I have bought a used 48" wb a year ago this fall and its a work horse. Its a 1994 with a 12.5 kawi and its the best. The only complaint I have is the tendency to get windrows of grass opposed to spead out nice, but it does leave a nice cut espically with high lifts. Has anyone else had problems with getting windrows? It seems like the opening on the deck for side discharge is 2 narrow and not wide enough. I think mine is like 9 inches wide or something. Anyone have any ideas for my problem?
  5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thanks steve, it was an encore, i just had to hear the name to remember it. thanks again. sorry i cant help ya with the question though.

anyone else know about encores? if they have em, how are they? and are they truely like an exmark?
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Encore does not have the same flow control baffle as Exmark, the reason for that nice cut.
  7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

any time mark
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Steve, the guy that started and owns Encore started Exmark.
  9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

So the Encore has the better cut?
  10. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

mark, if you dont mind me asking why are you selling all you equipment?