Wb Trac Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lech615, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

NO I'm wondering how can anybody see over that.

I fill sorry for the shorter person that uses this.

Seem Dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I had another brand that looked like the 470. No good, save your money for a Walker or Hustler Z with the bac-vac unit. Those units are heavy on the W/B, block most of your view, all the dust goes in your face, and you can't get close to any limbs with the barrel sitting on the deck.

Gene

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have Ferris 52's and 61's WB's...have Trac Vac's on all of them when needed for clean-ups and lawn vacuuming. Been using them for 8 years now and we like them. Yes, you get dust in your face and at times and they can be hard to see over (especially if you are 5'2" or less).

If u want more info, email me at rspronck,aol.com. I will be glad to answer your questions.

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know if a Trac-Vac 470 will fit on a 32" Metro????????

Thanks!!

Gary

6. rodfather

The 470 may be too large for your mower...the smallest I have used them on is a 48" Ferris, with a 17HP Kawi.

Trac Vac has a great website...check them out.

r

7. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I checked out the trac-vac website and there is alot of information on the 470, just doesn't say how large or small of a deck it will mount to...

Rodfather - When you mounted it to your 48, did it SEEM like it would be able to fit on top of a 32 or no way in heck?

Thanks for any help..

8. rodfather

32"...might be to much my friend

9. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rodfather, do you think you would be able to mount the blower ferris makes for their riders onto one of the walk behonds and just run the tub up to the top of a rubbermaid ... kinda making your own vac/collection system?

10. rodfather

Humm....not really sure bout that one? These vac systems are kind of heavy and i am not sure if a 32" mower will support a Trac Vac model 470.

Maybe they have something different?