Wb tracking to right....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one of the JD walkbehinds from the used equip. forum. Mainly plan on using it as back up and as a time saver on a few yards. We noticed that it tends to want to pull to the right. Is this a common problem with wb's? I have tried adjusting the different pulleys and bars but have had no success. The belts seem to be in good shape as is the whole machine but I can tell that it will get EXTREMELY irritating having to run with the left grip partially engaged. (Sure makes it hard to hold a straight line.

I'd appreciate any ideas...

2. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

Try checking rear tire pressures. The tires should be the same pressure. Also check tire circumference. The rear tires should be the same size or very close. Good luck.

3. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Turf Cutters! You'd think I would have checked the tire pressure! I hadn't. I checked and there is about 27 psi difference. I'll bet that fixes it!

I think I get lazy...it's easier to ask here than think for myself!

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is something that is a constant adjustment thing. I don't mean it will ALWAYS need it, but it happens quite often over the season, and is always fixable.

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I adjust mine on my hydro all the time,for more speed when using sulky,haven't been using it this yr need the workout. I have two rods that engage the roller bearings,and the speed controll grip.But mine is very easy to adjust,have never owned a belt walkbehind probley something simple. Marks Mowing Service