1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

We Accept Competitors Coupons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wolfie's L&L, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

I was reading through the local Coupon Clipper magazine, and came upon a local lawn/landscape company's ad. In the ad it said "We Accept Competitors Coupons". I was wondering if any of you other professionals here do that too, and what your response had been.

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Interesting...I have never thought of that. I don't think I would accept competitors coupons but I would inform the customer of our current specials.
  3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

NO WAY!

I don't know what my competitors NUMBERS ARE. HELL, he probably doesn't KNOW WHAT HIS NUMBERS ARE!

Sell your business with prices that YOU can make a profit.

If you don't know how to PROPERLY DETERMINE what your costs are, there are PLENTY of seminars around (most for FREE) that will tell you how to do it. SPEND THE TIME TO GO TO THEM IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS!

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

No way....Lots of LCO's are offerring 4th cut free & other such free work. I do not care to do that personally.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

great point Grassbusters
  6. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Would I take competitons coupons no way. I have seen some ridiculous give aways like 3 free mowings. I wouldnt want other companys deciding my profits.
  7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Accept competitors coupons, I'd never open myelf up to that.
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

There is one here that advertises that he will Match any competitors "legitimate" price
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

but the question to ask is, "what is a legitimate price?"
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I agree and I'm sure that is his "loop hole"

...but if I ever find out exactly where his service area is he's going be getting a lot of calling from clients with 3/4 acre lots and lots of trimming and edging wanting to know if he can match....oh lets do $15.. LOL :D :rolleyes: