we are all trash!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green thum, May 24, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

;) Do you guys feel like or are you looked at like you are trash will working?Today i was in one of my upper end neighborhoods i work in and this young chick got out of her LITTLE lexus suv and gave me a glance like i was just some poor uneducated redneck.She is probably too stupid to realize the truck i work out of is worh more than her little lexus,not counting the 13k in equip on the 1800.00 trailer.sorry just wanted to vent she was pretty cute though i would've done her lol!!!oh yeah and by the way i am a college grad not some dumba#s redneck!!!!!!!

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

what kind of truck do you have

3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like an inferiority complex bloomin'.

4. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I live in a nicer neighborhood than any of my customers. There are some that look at me like I am beneath them, but none of my customers do, so far. I don't really worry about it. I grew up in a "keeping up with the Joneses" town and everyone knew when someone else got a new car, or a computer, or went to Colorado to go skiing, instead of Vermont, etc. We knew who was going to private school and who was going to public school; who was going to the Ivy League and who was going to UCONN. It was ridiculous.

I still know people like that, but I just feel bad for them. They look down on me, but they look down on just about everyone and they are obsessed with the people they can't look down on. The ones I know who are like that seem to age very poorly.

5. green thum

The truck is a 2500 hd gmc duramax,no mower babe i grew up with a tarnished silver sppon in my mouth i know what these people are like,not a big deal though there is nothing wrong with a hard days work,even though i happen to do it in khakis a co. t-shirt and work boots!

6. green thum

couldn't agree more with you page fault,I can say that i love what i do and i have a great boss!!that is more than alot of people can say.None of my customers seem to look down on me,they, if anything are impressed by the quality of my work

7. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

you only been in it 9 months and you already got about 100,000 wrapped up in it ?? boy must be doing good

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i don't seem to have that problem, and my truck is worth about $200 bucks. usually, the young chics look at me, smile, look back as they are walking away, smile again, and invite me in.

9. green thum

You know bobby all that BULL you talk i think you are in the wrong industry you should have been a model!!

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i aint trying to tell you i look good, but, hey, the young chics dig me, what can i say