We are finally get some good rain......

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Jun 30, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

How about the rest of you that need it. I hope this helps with the yards. The past couple of days we have some good amounts in different areas of town. Big storm rolled in so we had to stop. We have 3 left to do. Some wicked lighting shows. Hope you all are getting some much needed rain. Temp went from 90 to 73 in less than an hour.

JP

2. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

hope that hits us up here. its getting pretty dry, and the weather is making getting cuts in tricky before the 4th

3. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

3/4 of an inch here with an overnight t-storm. Not hardly enough to bring back the dormant turf.

But I'll take what I can get at this point. We're officially in the moderate drought category.

4. jpp

1.75 inches here since Tuesday. We are still down 2 for the month of june. Last I looked we were not in any drought category.

I agree we are not anywhere close enough to bring back that turf. But it is trying to turn green. Suppose to get another line of storms come through around midnight. Looks like they are trying to grow over in Indiana. Time will tell.

5. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

we have to reverse problem here 5 straight days of rain, yesterday 6 inches here, alot of fungus in the yard.,you can take all of the rain you need from here, i had to work in tennis shoes today both work boots are soaked.. hope you get some rain there

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

We got alot of rain here yesterday and today, really made the lawns perk up, my yard really greened up just from the little we did get.

Funny thing was, it was a real bad storm here also and I saw guys cutting in it! Leaving nice muddy tire tracks and clumping real bad, I had to laugh at that one. We haven't had a rained out day all june probably and they feel the need to keep working threw it, 25+ mph winds also.

7. jpp

We are getting ready to get hit again down here. Storms look pretty wicked on the radar. I finished a lawn today when the storm was knocking the door. Thundering lighting and boy did that yard get done quick.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well we didn't get a TON like we needed, but a few righteous T-storms and a couple hour-long drizzlers, kept things wet for a day or two.
    No it isn't enough but Yes, it helped.