we are gonna grow big this year.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by allaroundguys, Jan 5, 2014.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, apps only.
  2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Apps or mowing? Or just kidding?
  3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

just kidding. I wouldn't believe everything everyone says on LS that's all....
  4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I figured you were kidding... Hahaha
  5. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

I honestly plan on heavy marketing this year and my goal is to add 14 new good quality weekly customers. Customers who can afford mulching, fertilizer, shrub trimming, seasonal flowers, leaf cleanup. Those type customers have been really hard to come by since 2008. We mow homes in the 500k-1million dollar value and lots of them have not mulched in 2-3 years. There was definate improvement in 2013 over 2012 and hope no crazy crap happens in market so we all see upsales happen. One other change to note many weeklys have been on 10 day schedule to save money for years now like to see them back on 7 day
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah it's easy to find people who want mow-and-go. I suppose adding 200 over a 30 mile radius may be possible in one year however I think you'll need more that 25k flyers. I guess that's just not my style. I've decided for my company it's only in my best interest to accept full service clients. If they don't want to feed or water their lawn, have their leaves picked up or do anything other than have their grass cut very 10 days they're not for me. There are a lot of cultural practices that take place to having a great landscape. And they are huge up sellers. I haven't went to school, learned the trade and became passionate about this business just to cut grass. It's about more than that. I like to think Ill be known for more of a Grounds Maintenance company than just the guy who cuts their grass.

All around guys I will gladly give you some leads when they approach me if that's all they're interested in.
  7. allaroundguys

allaroundguys LawnSite Member
    from kcmo

i understand what your saying. Maybe 25k won't be enough but I'm gonna try. id gladly take any leads we could get. id also be willing to send any blue springs/ parts of independence your way. we are not covering those areas yet and no plans to this upcoming season.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. The Turf Guys

The Turf Guys LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I'm in too. Just gonna watch the action
  9. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope the guy can pull it off.
  10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to be the party pooper here, but if your going after full service accounts, and are bidding properly, your most likely not going to gain that many accounts, nothing wrong with setting high goals, but try to be realistic, if you gained 50 your first season go for 50-75 your second, that would be a very successful season. with the growth your talking about your going to come across ALL KINDS of problems. I would want to see some sort of success with reasonable goals rather than total failure with outlandish goals. this will kill your motivation and sense of success.