we are gonna grow big this year.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by allaroundguys, Jan 5, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

They just called me twice today. And emailed 3 times. The sales person has a new name - Sarah lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. szykan

szykan LawnSite Member

I bartered and I am happy and feel I got the better deal.

I understand what you are saying and I almost agree. I did have a few deals I passed on that were favored for the web guy before taking this trade.

3. allaroundguys

allaroundguys LawnSite Member
    from kcmo

We just do seed and only had a handful.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Okay cool. I sent you a message.

5. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'll stay away from them after further investigating. Thank you!

6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

250 mowing accounts is a lot. Good help is also hard to find and even harder to properly train. Don't bite off more than you can possibly chew.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. allaroundguys

from kcmo

Won't let me go into pm message yet. i Did read it in email. ill consider it and run it by my partner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. allaroundguys

from kcmo

250 is a lot. i would like to again clarify most won't be weekly. also if i don't get to half that number ill be more then fine.
    as for the help your absolutely right. thankfully i already people i can 100% count on. good help will be more of a problem when i try to go from 250 to 500 or commercial/large yards.
    also for training i feel comfortable doing this. 5 years in the army helps a little. i also don't mind one bit writing training manuals
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

You can write all the manuals in the world but actually implementing everything is whole nother ballgame. Honestly if I were in your shoes I would focus on getting started with your web presence, it sounds like your letting yourself get overwhelmed with the details, it's never going to be a perfect scenario, get started and move forward like the saying says crawl then walk then run. Are you going to lose some money? Yes you are, any form of marketing takes time, you really have to focus long term, accept the fact that your going to lose some money along the way, just be careful. Shoot for 100 accounts this season, there is a LOT more to this business than anyone ever thinks there is.I don't mean to sound preachy here but slow down a lil bit and catch your breath. I was a DI in the Army, and all my trainees always came in all fired up and gung ho and I had to gain control and manage their enthusiasm.

10. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Do not believe everything you read on here. People like to stretch there numbers a bit. Especially the new guys. The ones that have been doing this for a while can smell BS from a block a way.