We are working on labor day, are you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin Graham (KG), Sep 1, 2000.

1. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I will be working a 24 hour shift at the fire station. My guys wanted the week end off, I can't blame them. We will catch up during the week.
    Take some time to spend with the family. Life is short, enjoy your kids while they are too.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes we are working too, just two schools and two businesses too do I dont want to mow any of our residential acounts on monday we will wait till tuesday

Have a happy Labor Day weather your working or not

Ideal Landscaping

3. pfisdon

pfisdon LawnSite Member

I never do residential cutting on weekends or holidays because that is when they are home and full of extra odd jobs and/or complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Hello:

We never worked holidays, be afraid customers would terminate my contract. we worked mainly worked Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 to 5:00 sometimes 6:00 if we absolutly had to. I don't think anybody paying for your service wants to hear your equipment running to early or to late. Much less weekends or holidays.

Customers in most all circumstances do not want you there before 8:00 or after 5:00 Mon. thru Fri. it's only common sense. Yes, I worked a few Saturdays but very few. I always called & asked before going over first.

If you can't make it Mon. thru Fri. I would think something is bad wrong. You start working over 8 hours a day 5 days a week you just wearing down your self & employees. Quality drops & what is family doing while you are gone all the time. Ask yourself this is it worth it. Money is not worth it.

If I worked a continual 6 or 7 days a week for several years cutting grass I would be living in half a million dollar home instead of quarter of a million but I don't need that much.

Family first, then customers. This is just my thoughts & mine only. I could be wrong?

5. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

Labored all day at home with chain saw,cutting up firewood for winter. Nick

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

hey stone: were you able to spray your jobs today?
    rador showed a line of showers from bucks co. to atlantic co n.j. this afternoon. i was able to ,showers just missed me. i sprayed 2-4-d ,what did you spray?
    anthony

7. sunrise

sunrise Banned

NOPE went to the Outer Banks N.C.
    fishing for the last 3 days
    weather man said going tobe bad weather at the beach.
    he was wrong great weather water was clear and warm and deeep
    what a life

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

no work for me !!! 4 days off in a row.
    This will be the first 4 days i had off since early feb.
    slept late every day, caught some fish, did nothing, it was great. back to work tuesday,the weather is going to be cooler and that is good.

9. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

Hey sunrise... where in the obx????

Everyone needs a day off...Its a holiday, your customers wont really appreciate you coming to there cookouts toteing your weedwacker instead of a cooler.

10. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Kenneybros we have a house at mile post 15 south nags Head it was open last week and part of this one so we enjoyed it