We beat our record!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LuckhardtLawnService, Jul 3, 2008.

1. LuckhardtLawnService

LuckhardtLawnService LawnSite Member

Yesterday we decided to cut our thursday yards 1 day ahead. So two teams of two started with 90 yards at the start of the day. My team started with 57, and the other team started with 33. My team ended up doing 44 yards in 13 hours and 45 minutes. The other team only did 38 yards. That is starting at 8am and ending at 9:45pm.(load and unload equipment also). So we ended up cutting 82 yards, previous record was 72 yards, and 42 for my team.

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a bunch of work. I hope you got your guys some cold ones after a day like that.

3. LuckhardtLawnService

LuckhardtLawnService LawnSite Member

Our reward of that was the boss saying to us while on the drive home(from a 14 hour day do you all mind coming in a 7am instead of 8 am so we can get fridays done on thursday) so needless to say we werent able to do much after work other than get a shower eat sleep and wake up...

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Your boss sounds like an @#%*&@#!!

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

8am you could of done more by starting earlier...my guys are at the shop at 630

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We are at our yard at 5:00 AM off by 3:30 Tu-Fri

7. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

wow here, most places wont let you in till after 8am! Plus i would kill a guy mowing my yard at 7am!!!

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

You can't get in to gated communities until 7:00 but we have lots of quiet work we can do without equip and put off the noise until 6:30 or so.

Many clients are gone for the summer as are their neighbors. Its so hot here many people are up and about at 5-6 am walking jogging etc. its already 85 or so at that time. By noon the only things not running from one ac place to another are Lco's and lizards. Oh and A/C repair men :laugh:

9. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Your team averaged 1 lawn every 18.75 min. (this is with no drive time added) Were these 44 lawns "0" lot line lawns all in one long row?

10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Had to be small.