we can use my truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richardcog, May 7, 2013.

1. richardcog

richardcog LawnSite Member

I am needing to put on crew on their own, but I don't have another truck for them at the time. one of my hands said we can us his truck. how can i pay him for the use of the truck. I pay him 11.00 per hour now. 11.00 dollars per hour is good for this area. just need help on how to pay for truck.
  2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Careful who's insurance will cover your equipment if he wrecks? Who will pay for repair if his truck breaks down on your clock. Make sure u get that all sorted out and in writing before you do that.
  3. richardcog

richardcog LawnSite Member

thank you for posting i have talk to my insurance already they can add his truck to mind. got that done and his truck is in great shape but i my help with that he is a good friend. I just want to be fair on paying him.
  4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Dollar per mile
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is a used truck this days ? save the headache and buy a used truck and move up from there.

He does not show up that means the whole crew have no ride ? and one day he will need a piece of you because he helped you with the truck ?
  7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I think this could be a real sticky situation, real quick. He may have the best of intentions until 15,000 miles over the course of a summer, extra deprecation when he goes to trade it in and everything else, then he is thinking that you're screwing him.

I didn't realize that you could put insurance on something that isn't yours? I always thought that was a no no...???
  8. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Seems fair since he appears to be a decent and generous guy in his offer. This is a great way to say "thanks". And to be fair, it's really not giving him a lot of extra after the wear and tear on his truck.
  9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Not worth the risk if you ask me. Just buy a used truck for 10k and save the sticky situation and the hassle.
  10. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

Sounds like the beginning of the end to a friendship if you use his truck.