We Can't Use Blowers. Will This Work Instead?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Total Lawncare Solutions, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Total Lawncare Solutions

Total Lawncare Solutions LawnSite Member

A new by-law restricting leaf blower use to Spring and Fall only has been passed. We are still able to use them in certain gated communities between 9:30 and 3:30 but they will be restricted on our other props.

I am considering a gas powered Air Compressor mounted in the bed w/an Air Expander attachment to at least blow clipping and debris from the front hard surfaces.

http://www.exair.com/Cultures/en-US...oducts/Air+Amplifiers/Super+Air+Amplifier.htm

2. captbob

captbob LawnSite Member

If so how about an electric leaf blower stihl makes a pretty good one and a small generator. If you have to use the compressor use a regular hand blower adaptor with a threaded end and insert about 36 inches of steel brake line
    with a piece of tight hose slid over it to keep it from bending. The small orifice generates a lot of concetrated force and the length helps direct it where needed and uses less air volume so you can finish the sidewalk and drive way..
    Good luck Capt Bob

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

What a stupid law! How about going after criminals or how about enforcing the many stupid laws we have on the books now?

4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Another reason why we need a 50 state recognized professional association. To fight moronic laws like this.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

If you can post this new law, I would really like to read it. Is this no blowers at all? I can't believe it.

JP

6. Total Lawncare Solutions

Not a noise ordinance, a Tree Hugger by-law.

I like the gas generator running electric blowers idea.

Maybe better than an air compressor w/air expander.

Input appreciated.

Regardless, I'm running something gas to blow the hard surfaces. They can KMA.

You guys not in the cities and suburbs won't get it so leave me alone.

7. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

I bet that the Exair thingy will probably overwork your compressor, unless you have a huge tank and lots of cfm. That thing would probably empty a 5 gal tank in a few seconds.
    good luck
    Do they expect you to use a broom? That will cost them.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

All I can say is... YUP! :usflag: :clapping:

9. Total Lawncare Solutions

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just don't blow.

Liberals like it messy, just look at a liberal yard, usually all kinds of clutter, plants too close together, weeds everywhere, swampy areas, poor drainage, three years of leaves, etc etc etc