1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WE Chapps LawnSite Giv Away

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, May 18, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

It is time for another LawnSite give away. This month Jim Carter and the folks at W.E. Chapps have offered up a great new product they have for the give away. The message below is directly from Jim.

We appreciate what Lawnsite and the members have done for the Lawn Maintenance and Landscape Industry and want to give something back to the LS community. We also want to make everyone aware of our products and have our website be more interactive. One thing we have done is added a link on the home page for you to send us photos of you, your crew, or your equipment with a W.E. product included. You can get that started today by sending your photos to safety@wechapps.com.

The Lawnsite giveaway will be for one of our new products for 2005 - The W.E. Z/Top, a new style of sun canopy that tips back and out of your way for the ROPS Bar on Zero Turn Mowers. If you do not have any ROPS on your mowers, then you can choose the products of your choice up to $199.95. Here is a direct link to the W.E. Z/Top ... http://www.wechapps.com/home/Misc_C...w_e__z-top.html

The question is this: If you have ever used one of our W.E. products, how did it work for you, any experiences that you had in the field that we all would be interested in, and what changes or modifications would you do to the product? If you haven't tried one of our W.E. products and want to be in the giveaway, go to our website and find a product that has not been mentioned in any of the responses to date.

We hope that the Spring has started out strong for you and that you have a safe and successful season. And remember, W.E. can help you cut it!"
    Jim Carter
    W.E.Chapps, Inc.
    Fax: 386-767-2200
  2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a wright stander, do you guys make the trash bags for these types of mowers? I would like to try one of those.
  3. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Hey Jim,

I purchased the WE leg Chapps with the velcro straps. They are great since they allow me to wear shorts and not worry about the dirt and grass getting all over my legs,socks ,and into my shoes. Just the other day (Monday) I had to weed-eat a backyard that had weeds 3-4ft high before I could start to mow. Put the Chapps on and when I was done you'd never know I had even started for the day, I just shook them off and got in the truck,no mess no fuss.
    ***The one thing I would add is maybe an elastic strap that would go under your shoe to keep them on at the bottom better ***

I also got the arm chapps 1. They work as a sunblock, 2. They keep my skin from sizzling on the trimmer or edger (yes,people I use both).
    I also got the flapp to go on the back of the cap, haven't used it yet but expect I will in July/August zone 7.
  4. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I recently got the W.E. LEG Chapps they also have the velcro straps. Got them so I could work in shorts but they are not really working out for me.I can't get the velcro straps to hold them on my legs. When walking while trimming they seem to get lose and fall down. I have used them with pants to keep the grass off and they work great, no problems at all. Overall I liked the idea of the chapps. Unfortunally did not work for the shots idea for me. I think there should be some improvement on the straps. All in all I would purchase another pair of chapps to keep the grass off my pants, my kakies stay tan and not green. W.E. has some mower covers that I'm going to try this year also. Will give a review of them alittle later. Thanks again, Duke
  5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

do you make a grass handler that would fit the quick 36? I would like to try that.
  6. orangejbird

orangejbird LawnSite Member

I don't have any of your products. . . Yet! I've seen lots of good feedback on your products. I like the idea of a fold up top. I have a Snapper Turf cruiser w/o a ROPS. One will be ordered because I need the safety factor on my hillier jobs. (And i'd like to try a W.E.Z-top) I could also use it on my compact diesel.
    my observation:
    The snapper ROPS goes further over the driver than the Exmark doesOn your website the photos with the W.E. Z-Top on the Lazer Z.
    I'd like to see the front portion cover further ahead for more coverage.(for that model)
  7. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Thanks for a great start with your answers on the new LawnSite Giveaway. Please try and get your responses in, the good, the bad and the ugly. W.E. will reply back on any questions or comments that you have.

Orange bird: Haven't seen the ROPS on a Snapper yet but it is no problem to extend the front of the W.E. ZTop. Results have been good so far on other makes of mowers with the ROPS.

TClawn: The GrassHandler with fit about any deck (just made one for the new Everide mowers) but one part of it is custom to each style of deck and we do not have a dealer in the area to see how their deck is at the discharge opening.
    If we can locate a Quick 36" deck/mower we will make one and post that they are available.

lawnperfection: That doesn't sound good at all. They should stay up while walking for a long period of time. On the W.E.Leg Chapps ( they wrap all the way around the leg ) stand up tall with the knee area flexed. This makes the leg as small as it will be so that when you wrap the chapp around and pull on the elastic cinch strap it will be as tight as you want to make it. The strap placement is 1" above the knee cap, where the thigh tapers down and forms the knee area. If you put it up on the thigh muscle itself it will work its way down to the knee,with the thigh muscle flexing and relaxing, become loose and sslide down. Let us know if this continues to be a problem. Thanks for your interest in trying the Mower Covers.

Bushwacked: That's how the Chapps are suppose to work. They should not be any trouble at all. Easy on and easy off. A good clap together or a couple of shakes and on to the job.
    We tried putting on straps for under the shoe/boot on the W.E. Foot Chapps in the beginning but with so many users working in sneakers with no heel they were getting worn out. We stopped adding it.
    Glad that you like the Arm Chapps, they really are a useful product in our line of work. For those with thin skin that will bruise with the slightest amount of impact they will keep your arms looking an feeling a lot better.
    When you go to using the Cool Flapp soak it in cool/cold water first before putting it on and it will add greatly to your heat relief.

Yes, we make the Wright Stander Econo Bag. It is offered with Velcro straps or quick release plastic buckles. Go to our website and click on the Manufacturer Section and then on Wright Stander to read about it and see a picture. To place an order click on the Order Form or call us at 1-800-816-2427
  8. I don't have any of your products yet, but have been looking at the cool flaps
    and hedge trimmer chaps. The hedge trimmer chaps would have saved me money the last 2 years in a row. (Left leg-9 stiches in knee once and 4 stiches just above knee) :cry: I do have a question about the cool flap with ear protection: I wear worktunes ear protection when working and wonder if the flap with ear protection would interfere or not be as effective as the standard cool flap when wearing hearing protection?
  9. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

What would you recommend for the trash bag, Velcro or snaps?
  10. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

The Neck/Ear Cool Flapp gives the top of the ears additional protection from the sun that the Neck Only Cool Flapp does not provide. The tops of the ears are real susceptible to sun damage and then later, skin cancers. The worktunes headphones may give you the ear protection that you need while you have them on as long as the entire ear is covered.
    The Neck/ Ear creates a lot of shade and will protect you from the sun the whole time that you are wearing your ball cap. They also will keep you much cooler than the Neck Only style Cool Flapp with the headphones. Soaking in water first will greatly add to either of the Cool Flapps cooling effect.
    You should be able to hear your music fine thru the Neck/Ear Cool Flapp, the material is lightweight 100% Cotton.

Thanks for your inquiry.