1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

We dont need no stinking Perma Green...lol

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Killswitch, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Little project in developement. Have yet to fab a good mount for the sprayer and will be adding a small boom sooner or later.

All quick disconnect and can be mounted in less than 10 minutes.

2. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

:) nice, i was thinking the same thing. but the lawns around here, arent big enough.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

He He, I have one of those Lesco spreaders I mount on the front of a ZTR too!
    It's a Dixon and works great for spreading, I have tried and tried to mount a spray tank on it but it's just too heavy and leaves no weight on the front end (would work with the spreader mounted and filled, but I worried about the total weight on the hydros... At least you found a practical use for that ROPS!
  4. Killswitch

Actually the rops isnt involved and I still need to fab a good mounting plate for the sprayer and yes it gets heavy in back with the sprayer full....Its 25 gallons. I have weights on the castors, and the spreader is mounted to at least 150lbs of weight bars, and I sometimes toss a bag of fert up front when doing wc only just to make myself more comfortable.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, there are some pictures on here from a prior member named Mike. He has the name LawnGodfather. He was a giving and generous member (has his own site now) and he has some pics posted of his setup, which is probably the nicest setup of this sort I've ever seen. He gave me the recipe for building a sprayer setup (but it is all quality components - no pre-made stuff). I'm sure if you do a search, you will find it.
  6. Killswitch

Hey thanks Joe.

Wanted to mention also my thread title isn't a rip on the manufactured ride on sprayers. Im sure they are all great machines.
  7. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

What are you using to control the pump? A foot mounted dimmer switch will work great. Need speed control? You can use a 4" bolt through a nut to control how far you handles go forward.
  8. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those spreaders kicking around that we put on the front of an exmark. one word of advice....make sure you wash the crap out of your machine after every use to spread fertilizer or you will be very sorry you ever mounted it to that mower.:) otherwise it works well, just always hated that stink'n pull rope thing that was on mine.