We get all kinds!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by MOW ED, Apr 10, 2005.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

After many days of non-stop thatching I get a little dusty in the noggin. I have to work Saturdays and Sundays (when everyone is home)just to keep my head within 3 feet of the surface and these days bring out some gems.
    While thatching on Saturday I am faced with a goofy looking guy who is standing in his yard which is next to the one I am thatching. He does the standard waving motion for me to come over.
    I stop the machine and walk up anticipating the question when he says, "Hey ya think you could run over my yard for twenty bucks?"
    :dizzy: I sort of laughed and he had a puzzles look when I told him "Sorry I can't" I said I can give you a price for the whole lawn which was about 7000 sq ft. He said that he doesn't make as much fu(*&*in money as all these people around him and he has to sell the house so he wants the lawn to look good. I then knew that this wasn't gonna happen so I shot him the price. Holy $h1+ that would be all my spending money for the month. I said "sorry to hear that, have a nice day".
    Just one of those things that happen when there are many people around on the weekends.