we got dandelions!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BS1190, Apr 12, 2010.

1. BS1190

BS1190 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Well here in northwest iowa, soil temputers are under 60 degrees, there are parts of the city where grass hasn't even totally greened up, but in other parts there are dandelions popping up!!

Most componies havn't even finished putting the first app down. I always liked the first app-just fertilizer and preemergence. I guess we have to add weed control to list. :hammerhead:

2. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

the plural of dandelion is dandelion.

3. BS1190

BS1190 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

thank you sooo much for the english lesson.

4. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

i didn't mean to be a jerk about it. but if i went to a mechanic and he told me he needed to do "work on my mufflers" i might think of going elsewhere.

5. BS1190

BS1190 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

awww but some cars have two mufflers!!:cool2:

6. Hark

Hark LawnSite Member

Are you sure about dandelions and mufflers not being the plural form of the words? I do not see a reason why they are not. However, I am not finding proof one way or the other, either.

7. BS1190

BS1190 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ion+plural+dandelion&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    NounSingular
    dandelion
    Plural
    plural dandelions

dandelion ; plural dandelions)
    (countable) Any of the several species of plant in the genus Taraxacum, characterised yellow flower heads and notched, broad-ended leaves, especially the common dandelion (Taraxacum officinale).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/muffler
    NounSingular
    muffler
    Plural
    mufflers

muffler (plural mufflers)

Part of the exhaust pipe of a car that dampens the noise the engine produces.
    A type of scarf.

:laughing:

8. mark123

mark123 LawnSite Senior Member

9. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea which way is correct ,but I know this much. In my area there are a boat load of these little yellow things everywhere. I've never seen so many so how to you get rid of them?

10. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

i thought it was dandelionses