We hace kabuta and kioti in town, look the same to me

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by barringtonbrothers, Jun 21, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Can any one tell me where Kioti comes from. They look just like kabutas. Matter of fact the first time I went to the Kioti dealer I thought they were kabutas because I wasnt paying attention.
  2. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

they may appear the same, but are not.. Kubota is made in Japan and the Kioti is made in South Korea.. You will have to try out each and figure out which will work for you. Like anything else, either makes great machines.. It comes down to what you are comfortable with..
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

They are completely different. Kioti Just used the same paint to attract kubota customers.

Kubota- best you can get. But expensive.

Kioti- I hope you got a lot of free time. Since its going to be in the shop a lot. Cheap and it shows. There are three at my kubota dealer on trade in. They can't give them away.
  4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

What is it with korean companies doing that kind of stuff. Honda / hyndi, kabuta,kioti, im sure there is more.
  5. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

That is BS.
    I have had a Kioti DK 35 for 2 1/2 years and have never had a single problem.
    Works very well !!
  6. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

Perhaps you should check out the Kioti section at www.tractorbynet.com
    Dozens of Kioti owners there that are extremley happy with their machines.
    No problems with theirs either.
  7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

You answered your own question in your first post. "because I wasnt paying attention." That is one thing that they are counting on. Just like the other day I bought some "AA" batteries and thought I was getting Duracell and found out when I got home the name really read Duraking. It used the same colors and patterns and all. There is a company making cheap radios under the name Panasonia and the real company of Panasonic is not happy about it to say the least. I even heard of people sending the Panasonia radios to Panasonic for rapair or replacement. They must not have copyright laws overseas.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The kioti dealer (about 45 min away) always seems to have brand new tractors half way taken apart in the shop. The people I talk to around me that have them, say never again. People I talked to were farmers to homeowners to landscapers. The only thing nice about them were their new curved arm loaders.

I did a lot of research before I bought my Kubota. I must have talked to 100 or more people. Most said JD or kubota. Demo 12 some tractors from a bunch of companies(kubota, deere, new holland, farm pro, kioti, agro, MF, case, Mitsubishi, Cub Cadet, long, etc. The Kubota and JD smoked ever thing else. But a closer look at construction (kubota metal parts, JD plastic) Cause me to want a Kubota.

I ended up finding almost exactly the tractor I wanted used from a friend who wanted a ZTR. (one model off, wanted a B2410, he had a B7500, same machine, just one is deluxe model and one is standard model) For a whole lot less than new and it look new with only 120 hours which was not bad for a 2 year old tractor. (kept it next to his corvette in the garage)

I also go to tractorpoint and tractor by net
  9. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

Kind od odd sounding.. From 99% of the people I talk to, visit or know to own Kioti's, all agree they are a great tractor and would do it over and over again.. It sounds to me that the particular dealer your referring too, isn't very good at set up or repair.. There are many dealers, truck, car and other, who have been in business many, many years and still "don't get it done"// There are those instances where the new guy on the block, does get it done.. I have a Mahindra, which is an awesome tractor.. A lto of people think the Mahindra is low level junk also.. Funny when it runs circles around the top three and keeps purring away.. I have to say again, itsgottobegreen, this is not the norm for Kioti or any other S.Korean mfg, it has to be that specific dealer.
  10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

There is no comparison between a Kubota and the other imports.
    I have hydrstatic,wet brakes ,cruise control,a real effucient deisel,I coul go on and on.They look like a toy compared to my Kubota.
    They are not of the same quality just cheaper.