We Have Rain....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Aug 23, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Man, been dancing all day long hoping for a chance for rain, and wouldn't you know....pouring down....well not at my house....strange:confused: ...but near just about all the neighborhoods I service....I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I can crap my pantz:dancing: ...about to finish my :drinkup: and watch the lighting come down because thats all I am getting over at my home. But one of my guys called me and told me to check the weather mapp....and there it was....Lots of Red, some yellow and a little green indicating that they were gettting some good down pours.....man I am so excited....I am still dancing now, because we have a 20% plus chance for the next 6 days....Thats all I asked for was just a little hope. Its been very spotty, but at least my areas are getting, sorry for the rest of you who were left out....Now I know the feeling you other guys were having while posting your thread while looking at the rain...still rain too last I checked........

2. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I'm happy for you too. And congrats:drinkup: on your 500th post

3. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

I am here in Covington Ga looking at the radar and watching it split up right over my county. I am praying for just a little bit to make the grass a little easier to cut tomorrow, I have got a full day, and a little moisture tonight will definately speed me up, not to mention a little break from the dust. My lawn hasn't gotten a drop but I guess if even a few of my customers are that is good enough for me.

Tjsquickcuts I need you to teach me your rain dance.

4. tomflan947

tomflan947 LawnSite Member

I am not trying to be rude but why would a little rain speed you up? im just wondering. how long has it been since your last rain?:)

5. WhitakerServices

my town has only had about .25 inches in August and everything that is not irrigated is tough dry and withered, almost dead. If we get even a little rain maybe it will make it stand up a little, and it will surely help with the dust. It just seems to me that this drought is making some of the weeds and grasses tough as nails, leaving stragglers with new blades and slow ground speeds.

6. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

wow, want some of ours? before the deluge we got today, we've had ~19" this month. I'm not going to be mowing anytime soon.

7. tomflan947

tomflan947 LawnSite Member

thanks for replying. i live in maryland. after all the rain we have had i am having a hard time keeping up with it.

8. WhitakerServices

I have been full time for 5 years now and this year is the dryest and the hottest so far. 20 something consecutive days over 90 deg. with heat indexes of 100 plus. Hot and dry. My earnings this year are down but my number of clients is increased. How does that happen? Less visits per lawn. But I am not trying to whine I love my job. This heat is only makin me skinnier.
    Lol. Congrats to you on the rainfall. Keep your schedule tight as you can, and make some $$$

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

We hardly got any TJ...what a bummer...maybe next time!

10. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Man, I didnt get anything at my house either, but most of my areas that I service got alot...I drove around, and sure enough...lawns soaked....All of my HOA accounts got rain which was really good.....CG..maybe tomorrow....I will do my rain dance for you....WS, I will teach you the dance....just let me try it again tomorrow just to make sure its the one....