We Just Sent Out Re-contracts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FairwayLandscape, Feb 21, 2006.

1. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

AND already the cheap people are dropping like flies.
    I can't stand :
    "Why can't I pay the same price as last year"
    "The lawn looked bad last year"(even though I have zoysia and didnt water anything"

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Good question mr. Mrs. customer how come I can't pay the same in gas as I did a couple of years ago? How come minimum wage just went up in my state? How come I have to be insurance to cut your grass? I know grass should still grow nice and healthy even though it is not being watered. Kind of like if you don't eat or drink anything for 30 days straight and sit out in the hot sun all day I think that you will be o.k. as well. i understand that I am only cutting your grass, and anyone can do it, but you do not negotiate the price of a steak when you go out to your favorite restaurant do you? All they are doing is cooking you a steak, and anyone can do it? :) (Just a little sass). Oh well, we are not going to change people. Either they are going to want our services or not.

3. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Trinity- How much an hour would you want to answer the phone for me in the spring. :laugh: :drinkup:

4. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

Man customers just don't get it sometimes. I want them to ASK the lighting company the same nonsense.
    You know it's always the ones that can't PAY on time either.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

you could negotiate the price of your steak if there were 500 restaurants in your town and they were all desperate to make a quick buck. lawnboys are only screwing themselves by not consolidating. oh, well, the price fixing will soon begin for one area, at least.

time to minimize costs so you can maximize profitts. time to look at the big picture like phone companies, banks, and even small town iowa schools have for a century.

6. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

DITTO to that!! :laugh:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Like I have always said...this job would be great if I didn't have to deal with customers:nono: