1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

We lost our Gravely Rep Last night to cancer..

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by retrodog, Feb 26, 2014.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Well got the news this morning. We lost our Gravely Rep Clint Harrison to his second round of cancer last night. He was an amazing guy, and left a huge impression on us for the short time we knew him. He didn't come in here as a rep, he started out as a friend.. He was the kinda guy that would do anything in the world for you, in fact, he was still trying to take care of all of us in his hospital bed 2 days ago making sure I was getting the right mowers on order and getting inventory moved around. I bet out of the 26 dealers he had here that there was a few that were probably really good friends with him.
    I remember the afternoon I called him and said that I needed a pro turn 52 around 4. He said he just passed a dealer with one on the way home. He turned around, picked up the mower at the dealer, brought it to me, and I delivered that mower at 8 that evening. I knew that day that no rep I would ever do business with could ever match that kinda service.

You will be missed, wish I would've known you a lot longer....
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a great guy.
    Prayers sent up for his family and friends.
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Clint was a great guy, I really liked him. He helped us get set set up with Gravely when we opened our store. I always considered Clint more of a friend than a sales rep. He played a big part in our early success with Gravely/Ariens products.
    I sure hate to hear this, and will be praying for his family.
  4. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

For those suffering from cancer and other fatal diseases, check out Gerson therapy- it has saved lots of lives.
  5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That sucks. Prayers sent for his family and friends.
  6. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

He sounds like an amazing person. He was a tough man to have already beaten cancer. Cancer is a terrible disease, I hope and Pray that one day there will be a cure.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and those whose lives he touched.

7. Son and Snow

Son and Snow LawnSite Member

Sending out a prayer for family and friends. Sorry to hear that
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Cancer sucks and we lose too many people to it. I also am a proponent of therapies like Gerson and hope we can make headway in educating people about available alternatives to chemo and radiation. We also need to press for more research into the causes and prevention of cancer.
  9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

That stinks man. The one time I got to meet Clint at your shop he definitely was like no other rep I've met. Gave me his card to call with any questions, and like you, you could tell he really cares about the customer. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

I'll be by one day next week to pick up chains and pay you for the 94r. Been busy putting out pre emerge before the rain hits this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace. Well wishes to his family.